Skip to main content

6 ways to find hope in a dreary situation

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  But what happens if the lemonade requires a little water and sugar to taste sweet, and you don't have those ingredients?  When things seem to turn for the worse after being bad, it can seem like a hopeless situation.  There has to be a way to turn hopeless into hopeful and deal with the negative experiences.  

1.  Find ways to nurture your soul and take care of yourself.  Slow down, get the correct amount of sleep, eat healthy food.  Just taking basic care of yourself can really help when dealing with a setback.  

2.  Show appreciation for the people who are willing to help.  You may not realize how many helpers you have.  Focus on someone who is using their energy and give them thanks.  Telling someone they are appreciated goes a long way in keeping that person around.  The bigger support network, the better!

3.  Focus on something that brings you joy.  Exercise, draw, paint, do yoga, walk the dog, go to a park and look at the scenery.  Whatever makes you feel good, give your energy to as often as possible.  If you can not think of something you really enjoy, try going for a walk around the neighborhood first.  Incorporating a healthy focus into your life will help push you through the rough times.  

4.  Take it one day at a time.  When dealing with negativity, it can feel like the world is collapsing around you.  If possible just focus on today and the positive aspects of the day.  If things seem overwhelming, meditate for a few moments - or hours.  Whatever you need to do to feel secure right now.  

5.  Set realistic goals.  Setting realistic goals is very important in not feeling defeated.  Taking baby steps and planning the route is much more successful.  

6.  Seek professional help when necessary.  It is completely okay to admit to yourself if you need professional help.  We are always here for psychic readings.  We have excellent, accurate psychic readers available.  If there is a medical, legal or death situation, please go see a doctor, lawyer or clergy member.